I really enjoy using my George Foreman grill when making burgers. It’s designed to let the fat drip off the grill into a container as the burgers cook (+healthy bonus!). The best part is that the burgers are still juicy and tasty once cooked, because of the added Parmesan.
Healthy Turkey Avocado Parmesan Burgers
This recipe has been modified from the original recipe: “Sometimes, Always, Never – parmesan, turkey and avocado burgers“
Serves: 8 patties
Time to prepare: 10 minutes prep, ~15 minutes cooking
- 1 or 1.25 lb of lean ground turkey
- 1 small, ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
WHAT DO I DO?
- Heat up your grill (or a frying pan with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil).
- Mash the avocado and mix with the ground turkey. If you find any big avocado chunks, mash it apart for a more consistent burger mix.
- Add the Parmesan, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix until evenly distributed.
- With your hands, separate the mixture into tennis ball clumps, then flatten into patties.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side, or until the turkey is no longer pink.