Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Thick carby pancakes with cream, woah I’m smitten,
Douse them in coffee, cocoa and such things,
These are a few of my favorite things!
This recipe has been modified from the original recipe: “A Dash of Soul – Tiramisu Pancakes“
Makes: 6 pancakes
Time to prepare: 15 minutes prep, ~5 minutes cooking
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Marscapone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup espresso
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
WHAT DO I DO?
- Prepare your espresso and place into a shallow pie dish (allow it to cool down! Otherwise you’ll get melted whipping cream everywhere as seen in my final picture).
- Heat up your griddle or pan so that it’s ready for the pancake batter.
- BOWL 1: Mix the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- BOWL 2: Whisk the buttermilk, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Add BOWL 2 in BOWL 1 and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cook pancakes on your griddle and set them aside.
- Beat the whipping cream with the powdered sugar until it becomes soft. This may take a minute of heavy arm whipping.
- To prepare a stack:
- Dip your pancakes in the espresso (one or both sides, I just did 1 side).
- Spread the whip cream mixture on the top of your pancake.
- Sift cocoa powder on top of the whip cream mixture.
- Layer the next pancake. Return to step A.