“Donut talk to me, I’m busy eating.”
Homemade, fluffy, tender, soft, makes-your-eyes-close-and-your-world-spin donuts. I’m obsessed with my donut pan from Sur La Table. I’m obsessed with this store in general. In addition to this waffle pan, I bought two cookie cutters in the shape of a triceratops and another long necked dinosaur whose name I can’t quite recall. Why not?
Back to the donuts. My conclusion is that if it’s this easy to make these in 12 minutes, I’ll probably never buy from a donut shop again.
Healthy, Baked, 12-Minute Banana Chocolate Chip Donuts
Makes: 9 donuts
Time to prepare: 10 minutes prep, 12 minutes baking
- 1 large over-ripe banana
- 1/4 cup Turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
WHAT DO I DO?
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease your donut pan.
- BOWL 1: Mash banana and mix in sugar, Greek yogurt, unsweetened applesauce, egg and vanilla extract.
- BOWL 2: Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Add BOWL 1 to BOWL 2 and whisk.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a rubber spatula, pour mixture into a large Ziploc bag. Cut one corner of the bag to create a pipe, and pipe the mixture into your donut pan (not filling each donut more than 3/4 of the way full).
- Bake for 12 minutes, and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.