Because it’s Friday, we get BROWNIE points… healthier, butterless, white chocolate chip Nutella swirled brownie points to be exact.
Where I can, I use unsweetened applesauce as a substitute for butter. My friends were genuinely surprised when I told them I had used it in this recipe because they couldn’t taste a difference in the batter.
The general guideline: Substitute equal parts unsweetened applesauce for equal parts butter.
White Chocolate Chip Nutella Swirl Applesauce Blonde Brownies from Scratch
Makes: 24 brownies
Time to prepare: 10 minutes prep, 20 minutes baking
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Nutella (as much or as little as you’d like)
WHAT DO I DO?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Mix unsweetened applesauce, egg, brown sugar, vanilla extract and flour until smooth.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan, and swirl Nutella lines into the batter with a butter knife.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and let cool for 15 minutes (at least) before serving.