Quite easily my favorite, healthy peanut butter and banana overnight oats recipe. I double it, store it in 2 mason jars, and have breakfast for a full week! I’ve been using this recipe for over 2 months now, and it does not get old or bland.
I honest to God look forward to waking up at 5 am to go to Crossfit with the knowledge that I’m coming home and having THIS for breakfast. When I’m doing pull-ups or burpees, I just think of the oats and peanut butter waiting for me at home and I’m motivated to keep going.
The whip cream is my personal addition – I LOVE it as it adds a bit of sweetness, and a deliciously silky texture in combination with the oats. Sometimes I’ll stack it so I have a layer of oats, layer of whip cream, layer of oats, finished with a layer of whip cream. Kind of like an oatmeal trifle.
5-Minute, Healthy Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
This recipe has been modified from the original recipe: “Domesticate Me – Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats“
Makes: 2 servings
Time to prepare: 5 minutes prep
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Fat-free whip cream (optional)
WHAT DO I DO?
- In a bowl, mash the banana until smooth and mix with peanut butter, almond milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and oats.
- Store in airtight container (or mason jars) overnight.
- Top with fat-free chocolate or vanilla whip cream.