The more I bake, the more I realize that I show my love for people by feeding people.
Seriously though. Maybe this is my calling. Every time I’m invited to a BBQ, a party, a get together, a dinner, or any occasion, the first thought that comes into my head is, “GOLLY, WHAT NEW THING CAN I MAKE?”
I brought these Oreo Blondie Brownies to a summer BBQ and for a while no one touched them… they just looked at them skeptically for a few seconds. I later found out that people weren’t sure if they were laced with *something something*. Well, I’m glad you asked because these brownies are laced with APPLESAUCE instead of butter as a healthier alternative! Bet you didn’t see that coming. Now go ahead, and eat up.
Applesauce Oreo Blonde Brownies from Scratch
This recipe has been modified from the original recipe: “Six Sister’s Stuff – Cookies and Cream Oreo Blondie Brownies“
Makes: 24 brownies
Time to prepare: 15 minutes prep, 22 minutes to bake
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 crushed double stuffed oreos
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
WHAT DO I DO?
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9*13 glass pan.
- Whisk applesauce, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the package of instant vanilla pudding, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk whisk whisk!
- In a Ziploc bag, add the stuffed Oreos and crush them with your hands!
- With a spatula, fold in white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and crushed Oreos into the mixture.
- Scoop mixture into the pan and bake for 22 minutes. Let the brownies cool for an hour before you serve them.