Because I’m greedy and I like to have the softness of french toast, the outer crunchy layer of a waffle, and #pumpkineverything, all for dinner. Then breakfast. Then dinner again.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin French Toast Waffles with Maple Syrup
This recipe has been modified from the original recipe: “Dessert For Two: Pumpkin French Toast Waffles“
Makes: About 10 slices
Time to prepare: 10 minutes prep, 15 minutes cook time
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup half ‘n half
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 10 thick slices of whole wheat toast
- For serving: Maple syrup, whip cream, butter, Nutella, PB, Jam, Fruit
WHAT DO I DO?
- Preheat your waffle iron until hot! Add some non-stick spray to both sides.
- In a flat baking pan, mix the pumpkin puree, half ‘n half, eggs, sugar, and spices.
- Dip each piece of toast in the mixture for about 3 seconds and then flip to dip the other side. Place coated toast on the waffle iron and let it cook until ready. For me, this happens when steam stops coming out of my waffle iron.
- Serve with toppings!